- Knowledge: Know what it is that will make you happy. Everyone has unique requirements for attaining happiness and what makes one person happy may be very different from what makes someone else happy. Revel in your individuality and do not worry about whether or not your desires are comparable to those of your peers.
- Set Goals and work towards attaining: Your mood will very likely increase as your pursue your goal because you will feel better about yourself for going after something you value.
- Make good Refreshing Friendship: It is easy to begin to think negatively when you are surrounded by people who think that way. Conversely, if you are around people who are happy their emotional state will be infectious.
- Avoid dwelling on Negative views: When something goes wrong try to figure out a solution instead of wallowing in self pity. Truly happy people don’t allow setbacks to affect their mood because they know that with a little thought they can turn the circumstances back to their favor.
- Ponder and Meditate on Happy feelings: Spend a few minutes each day thinking about the things that make you happy. These few minutes will give you the opportunity to focus on the positive things in your life and will lead you to continued happiness.
- Tip yourself adequately: Whether you treat yourself to lunch, take a long, relaxing bath or simply spend a few extra minutes on your appearance you will be subconsciously putting yourself in a better mood.
- Be Humorous: While there are times that require you to be serious, when it is appropriate, find a way to make light of a situation that would otherwise make you unhappy.
- Keep Healthy: Maintaining your health is another way to achieve happiness. Being overweight or not eating nutritious foods can have a negative effect on your mood. Additionally, exercise has been known to release endorphins that give you a feeling of happiness.
- Happiness is a Choice – Choose it! Those who believe that they are not worthy of happiness may subconsciously sabotage their efforts to achieve happiness. If necessary, tell yourself each day that you deserve to be happy and remind yourself what steps you will take to achieve the happiness you desire. Choose to be happy – by being positive no matter what the circumstances you are in.
- Be you, never fake Life: The most miserable being is that who cannot live who he or she is. Living like someone else while you are not will rob of the joy of life forever. Never compare yourself with other people, focus on your lifestyle and improve where needs be, work to be real you and have high self esteem.